Life is not easy. There is much that can distract us from healthy, happy living.
- Sometimes, we make mistakes—hook up with the wrong people, engage in practices that harm us, or neglect to care for our body or our spirit.
- Sometimes, other people act in ways that harm us or hinder us from doing what we know is right and good.
- And then all too often, events beyond our control interrupt life with crisis or catastrophe: a tornado sweeps through, a business goes bankrupt, or we are diagnosed with a disease. Lots of things can sabotage our intentions to live godly lives, to follow Jesus in word and deed, and to contribute to the welfare of our community and our church.
In times like these, we need a fresh experience of the Living God, we need a new resolve to get back on track with Jesus, we need a renewal in the Spirit that reorients our attitude and our behavior.
The good news is this: renewing our faith and finding a deeper, more meaningful Christian commitment is possible—many people can testify to this! God looks upon the heart, and if you seek God with all your heart, you will find God, you will sense Jesus the Risen Lord calling you in a new direction, you will feel deep in your soul the Spirit of God bringing you comfort, encouragement, perseverance, and the courage to do what you need to do.
Jesus said, “Seek and you will find. Knock and it will be opened. Ask and you will receive.” This is a great promise from a great Savior.
- Open your heart and life to this renewing of your faith.
- Kneel and pray to God.
- Reach out to a Christian friend and ask for help.
- Read your Bible.
- Take a walk in the woods.
- Call a minister and ask for a consultation.
- Begin a journal of your thoughts and actions.
- Join (or create) a prayer circle.
- Find a church and join in the worship.
- Give thanks. Confess your need.
- Find someone to help.
- Share your intentions with a friend.
- Sing for joy.
God bless you.